Thursday, August 17, 2006

Day 13

Thursday, August 17th
Athenry to Carrick-on-Shannon
115km

Relaxing ride on quiet country roads today.  It was cool this morning, but didn't rain all day and the sun even came out in the afternoon.  Overall, we have been really lucky with the weather so far.  They keep calling for rain but somehow it keeps missing us.

Jenn found me some ear plugs yesterday, and I slept undisturbed all night.

The morning was dead flat, which I found a bit dull.  It was relaxing though, and I enjoyed the smooth ride of my new (round) rear tire.

We left late and Ian swept us up as the last riders.  We rode together almost all day.  The four of us stopped for tea in Ballygar after 45km and then lunch at the Cozy Cafe in Roscommon after 65km.

The afternoon was a bit more undulating and scenic.  I put my new wheel through its paces, sprinting up a few hills and zipped down the other side.

Today's B&B is on the River Shannon.  (Yes, the same one that we crossed two days ago...its a long river.). Dinner was at an Indian resteraunt.  Nice change of pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home